Sunday, April 14, 2013

Saturday, 4/12/13

Today's weather was so beautiful!  It was nice and warm, but it wasn't so hot that you had to take shade or worry about burning in the sun.  I met up with a new friend I made recently, and he brought a friend of his.  We went and played tennis together for about an hour!  I have to admit that I was awfully rusty at first.  Apparently, practicing in the racketball rooms in the gym is not nearly as help as I thought.  But at least I was able to get back into the swing of things-- literally-- within a short amount of time.  We alternated who played doubles since we had an uneven group.   My best performance was when I was against the two guys, for sure.  I forgot how much I enjoyed playing singles; being on my own definitely brought out the sleeping athlete in me.  My serving could use some work, but I know I still have it in me somewhere.  (I can't believe it's been a year since I've actually played tennis with someone!)  Now that I know about this court on campus, I'm going to try and go out every so often to practice, especially if the weather is as pleasant as it was today.

No comments:

Post a Comment